Tips for Adding Help Points® to Your Location
Download a PDF here.
“How many do I need for my location?”
“How far apart should they be?”
These are common questions associated with emergency communication solutions. Code Blue Help Points® are sophisticated end points that provide direct contact with first responders and serve as a highly visible reminder of your commitment to security.
Knowing exactly where to place Help Points can seem like a daunting task. Fortunately, Code Blue is happy to offer these guidelines to assist you, with knowledge that is backed by more than 25 years of experience as the industry leading manufacturer of emergency communication solutions.
- Distance: There are no official regulations dictating how far apart to place Help Points, but a good rule of thumb is “line of sight,” meaning you can spot the next Help Point while standing at another. That frequently translates to about 100 yards, depending on the nature of surroundings like buildings, trees or hills that may impede sight and sound.
- Location: Regions that provide a high level of visibility and advantages include high-traffic areas and places that remain dark or where light is hard to see. How many to install will be determined by the size and configuration of the complete area, but Help Points should be easily identifiable across open areas and available on each floor of multi-level buildings.
- Integration: Not only do you have the ability to choose between pedestal and wall/pole mount varieties, but Help Points can be equipped with additional safety and security options, including public address speakers, surveillance cameras, card readers and automated external defibrillators. Determining the exact needs for your location is beneficial in both the short and long term.
- Infrastructure: Will you need analog or VoIP emergency speakerphones? A detailed assessment of your existing infrastructure should be made to account for the type and length of wires needed and whether expansion will be necessary in the future.
- Compliance: It is important to account for important regulations, like the Americans with Disabilities Act, to provide everyone the ability to adequately access emergency devices if an incident occurs.
Key locations for Help Points include:
- Common areas
- Hallways and stairwells
- Green spaces
- Parking lots and garages
To learn more about Code Blue Help Points, call us at (800) 205-7186 or contact an authorized Code Blue Dealer.